The wedding cake, a symbol of fertility and prosperity since medieval times, takes centre stage in the traditional cake cutting ceremony, it is usually the first task that bride and groom perform jointly as husband and wife. The first piece of wedding cake is cut by the bride with the help of the groom. After the cake cutting ceremony, the couple proceed to feed one other from first slice. This provides another lovely piece of symbolism, the mutual commitment of bride and groom to provide for one another.
To many, the wedding cake should be white which symbolises purity. It also creates a visual link between the bride and the cake. Today, brides have a modern wedding cake co-ordinated with their wedding gown colour.
You probably have an idea of what type of wedding cake you want to have at your wedding. We will love to discuss our ideas with you and supply you with a quote accordingly. In the mean time here are a few examples to get those creative juices flowing.
|Tier sizes (inches)||6" 10"||7" 11"||6" 8" 10"||5" 8" 11"||6" 9" 12"||6" 8" 10" 12"|
- Can I mix the flavours of my wedding cake?
Yes. Each tier of your wedding cake can be a different flavour.
- Can you make the cake we have designed?
Yes, subject to certain limitations.
- Can you have different designs in one cake?
- I want to use fresh flowers on my wedding cake; do I buy them from you?
Yes, or your florist.
- How long before our wedding is the wedding cake prepared?
If the wedding cake is a fruitcake then they are baked as far as in advance as possible because it requires regular feeding and maturing with brandy.If your wedding cake is sponge then it's baked the week of the wedding.
- Can I freeze my wedding cake?
Yes, for a sponge cake. Fruitcakes will last indefinitely in an airtight container.
- Do you bake your own wedding cakes?
- I am allergic to nuts. Can you make me a nut free wedding cake?
- Can you make gluten free wedding cakes?
- Do you supply wedding cake stands or bases?
We supply all of the stands for our wedding cakes for a refundable £150 deposit. This is reimbursed when the stand is returned.
- How far in advance do we need to order our wedding cake?
At least three months in advance.